Nashville or Remote | Engineering | Full-Time
At Ncontracts we help financial institutions make better decisions. This is achieved by creating tools that help them understand their risks and compliance concerns, as well as providing pathways for them to mitigate their risks. We also have teams of industry leading experts to walk them through the process.
We’re currently looking for a Principal Developer with a special focus on architecture to join the team and help us build and integrate our products.
As an engineering organization we’ve come to share several common beliefs:
- We believe that its possible to build applications in a sustainable and repeatable way.
- We believe that user story mapping and design sprints are the best way to determine what needs to be worked on.
- We believe that Kanban keeps our development efforts flowing forward and helps proactively identifying bottlenecks.
- We believe finishing is better than starting.
- We believe that small teams working on well defined projects for a set amount of time ensures that we build the most valuable things first and allows for a predictable date of completion.
- We don’t believe in estimating individual stories. Ever.
A VP of Architecture at Ncontracts is expected to exhibit the following behaviors:
- Leadership by example: A VP of Architecture is expected to surface or create best practices for development, exhibit excellent communication both inside and outside of the organization, and manage interpersonal relationships appropriately.
- Intentional mentorship: Ncontracts is dedicated to teaching and growing talent and expects all developers to help those less experienced.
- Honesty: Whether reviewing another developer’s code, participating in retrospectives, or working with your team on what direction to take a project we expect openness and honesty. Honesty creates trust, and we believe that all great teams are built on trust.
- Low Ego: Have confidence in your skills and experience, but be willing to alter your opinions and ideas when another, better one comes along. Have strong opinions, but loosely held.
- Instinctive troubleshooting: Rapid diagnosis and resolution of bugs or problems is essential to a productive team, and we expect our leaders to have significant knowledge from experience to bring to bear.
- Deep Curiosity: You’ll be expected to research new and exciting technologies, perfect the use of existing technologies, and discover new libraries and tools that can affect change across the organization.
- Motivation: You’re a natural self-starter, and you enjoy solving problems. You are capable of jumping in with minimal instruction and figuring out what should be done.
It’s expected you’ll have the following:
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
- Ability to create and document standards for technology usage including API development and Event Driven Architecture.
- Ability to create and document software instrumentation standards
- Ability to create complex CI/CD pipelines and teach others how to maintain and extend them
- Extensive experience giving and receiving code reviews, both live and written.
- Create and execute a plan for the continuous education of the development team on technologies, leading practices, and emergent practices.
- Ability to help create and disseminate plans for updating and migrating current systems to new architectural principles
- Ability to communicate with all areas of the organization
- At least 5 years of experience working in the financial industry
- A 4 year degree with a specialization related to computer science
It’s helpful for you to have at least some of the following:
- Expertise working in horizontally scaling systems
- Expertise with systems integration
- Experience working with an integrated design team
- An automation mindset
Ncontracts is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.